Friday, April 22, 2016

Possible Not Possible

I’ve been trying to come up with something clever to write about this day but all my thoughts keep ending up like this:


via GIPH

Today, my first-born turns 22. Twenty two years old. 

What?!

Yes, I know it's real. I know it is physically possible that I, a 45-year-old woman, can have a 22-year-old son. I know that I have been a mom for lo these many years – I have picture of me with grown up people who look an awful lot like me to prove it. I know, I know, I know.

But I still can’t believe it.

I was talking to Sean’s mom recently about Michael’s upcoming graduation. I said, “I just can’t believe I have a son old enough to graduate from college!” To which she replied, “Try having a son with a son old enough to graduate from college!”

Seems time continues to take us all by surprise. 

Happiest of birthdays, dear son. We love you! 








Had to throw in the Baby Jail picture - still an all-time favorite.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!