Thursday, January 15, 2015

Many, many thanks

All I can say is thank you. Thank you for the comments and prayers and messages you sent concerning my Aunt Sue and her battle with glioblastoma, a form of brain cancer. Thank you from me and my family, immediate and extended.

Within minutes of publishing my post, I was completely overwhelmed by an outpouring of love, prayers and support. And I immediately began to regret the post. It started to feel too real, too raw. As I re-read my words, I felt so helpless. And if there’s one thing I don’t like to be, it’s helpless. I am the one who helps. Need a meal? I’ll bring it. Need a prayer? I’ll pray it. Need an encouraging word? I’ll say it. I do not like to be on the receiving end of help – I want to be the helper, not the helpee.

But I am helpless. I don’t have the prayers or encouraging words right now. I needed those comments and prayers and messages.

All of the notes, messages and comments from friends reminded me of these verses in Ecclesiastes 4: Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!

Thank you for lifting up me and my family. You are dear friends. I so appreciate each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!