Friday, September 05, 2014

Teaching old dogs new tricks

Amy, this one's for you.

Well, today is the first day of HPA rehearsals for the year. I'm helping out again, and this time we're doing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat - yet another show I know nothing about. Well, that's not entirely true. I know the Bible story of Joseph and I know my love from 6th grade, Donny Osmond, played Joseph on Broadway. But that is the extent of my knowledge. I'm sure by April I'll know all the songs, like this one, featuring Diana DeGarmo from American Idol fame (and a fellow Georgia girl):



Sean is already practicing with the CD.

I have come a long way in my musical theater knowledge, thanks to Amy and HPA. For instance, five years ago, I wouldn't have gotten this references. Now - even thought I hate these cat pictures, I cannot help but laugh at the joke:

A heart full of...loathing, unadulterated loathing! Yay! Wicked\les miserables cross over!

If only they'd made the cat green.

And one more that I get since I just saw Newsies:



Who knew Batman had such sweet moves?

Happy weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!