Monday, July 28, 2014

If only she'd had 4 wheels

Duffy men love cars. Michael loves cars. Sean loves cars. Sean's Dad loves cars. The uncles love cars. Having grown up with several Duffy men, Sean's Aunt Suzie knows the car gene runs deep in the family. So when I received this little story from her, I knew it was her way of reaching out to another Duffy woman who has been to more car shows than countable and been involved in more car conversations than imaginable.

While I feel certain Sean would be able to describe my hair and eye color and would miss me more than the car, I am more than confident her could describe, to the minutest detail, my vehicle. Especially if it were a new 2014 Corvette that he is drooling over...

A husband went to police station to report his wife missing:

Husband: I've lost my wife. She went shopping yesterday and has still not come home.
Sergeant: What is her height?
Husband: I really never noticed.
Sergeant: Build?
Husband: Not slim, not really fat.
Sergeant: Color of eyes?
Husband: Never noticed.
Sergeant: Color of hair?
Husband: Changes according to season.
Sergeant: What was she wearing?
Husband: Dress/suit/ I don’t remember exactly.
Sergeant: Did she go in a car?
Husband: Yes.
Sergeant: What kind of car was it?
Husband: Black Audi A8 with super charged 3.0 litre V6 engine generating 333 horsepower with an eight-speed automatic transmission with manual mode. And it has full LED headlights, which use light-emitting diodes for all light functions and has a very thin scratch on the front left door ...
At this point the husband started crying.
Sergeant: Don't worry, sir. We will find your car.
Official: Audi A8 L Security




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!