Wednesday, June 13, 2012

T minus one day

Tomorrow at this time, I'll be loading up all my household and personal belongings into an RV so we can camp for the weekend. I have never wanted to stop time more than I do right now...

I am a good wife. I am a good mom. Someone better remember this next Mother’s Day.

I suppose I should hold off on the self-congratulations until I actually go camping.

Anyway,camping weekend is here. Amy and I have been making lists of all the things we need to bring. As you know, I am not a big list-maker, but it seemed a wise thing to do since this is such a foreign concept to me. Of course, after I went through the list, I could have just written, “Kitchen,” and been done. Because there’s precious little I’m leaving here.


The weather forecast calls for highs in the upper 80’s. Oh, y’all, that is hot. What I normally do on hot days is stay inside where there’s air conditioning. Now granted, the RV has A/C, but I can’t figure out how I can stay inside it all day long when everyone else will be outside. I don't want to seem anti-social. Maybe I should have special “Inside Snacks” just for those who want to sit in air conditioned coolness. Methinks this is a good idea.

I need to add “special snacks” to the list.

I talked with one mom today who's so happy it's going to be warm. I need to remember to focus on the fact that some people like it hot. I don't understand those people, but they are my friends, so I need to get over it.



3 comments:

  1. Ha! Just bring the kitchen, so true!!! And when did 80's become hot Miss Southern Belle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. JudgeJudy - Anything above 78 is hot to me. I hate the heat! Always have, always will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attention: Guy who has done a lot of camping now posting!

    Less is definitely more. You're planning for contingencies but you're not planning for the hassle of keeping up with everything.

    The more you have, the more you will want to use it. Simplify! You'll have a better time and have less stress.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for commenting - I really appreciate it!